As we all know, there are a lot of dangers that come with being sedentary. From weight gain to heart disease, the list of health risks is long and complex. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to counteract those risks by following a healthy morning routine. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best health blogs to follow on your morning routine in order to improve your overall health and well-being. From exercise tips to breakfast recipes, make sure to check them all out before getting started in the day!
What are the best health blogs to follow on your morning routine?
When it comes to your morning routine, there are a few blogs you should follow on your daily walk. “Runner’s World” has some great tips for runners of all levels, “Shape” offers healthy eating and fitness advice, and “Self” is dedicated to helping women live their best lives. There are also sites that focus on different aspects of health, like “Real Simple” for cooking tips or “Healthy Hacks” for everyday wellness advice. No matter what your morning routine consists of, there are blogs out there that can help you stay on track!
What are the best morning routines for healthy living?
There are a few things you can do on your morning routine to help you stay healthy. Here are three of the best:
1) Make breakfast a priority. Eating a nutritious meal starts your day off on the right foot and helps to keep you feeling fuller longer. Try eating eggs or oatmeal for breakfast instead of something high in sugar or carb-rich.
2) Get moving. Taking regular breaks throughout the day will help you avoid hitting the wall later in the day and avoid any unhealthy cravings. Exercise also helps improve moods and sleep quality.
3) Follow a stress busting plan. This could be anything from meditation to journaling to deep breathing exercises. Stress can have negative consequences on both our physical and mental health, so try to take some time each day to relax and de-stress.
How to start your day on the right foot with a healthy breakfast
Starting your day with a healthy breakfast will provide you with the energy you need to start the day off on the right foot. Here are five healthy breakfast recipes to get you started:
1. Blueberry Quinoa Porridge: This porridge is loaded with antioxidants, protein and fiber, making it a nutritious and filling meal.
2. Banana Oatmeal: A quick and easy way to start your day, this oatmeal is packed with vitamins and minerals, including potassium.
3. Cinnamon Roll Quinoa Bake: With layers of cinnamon-sugar dough and fiber-rich quinoa in between, this bake is dense, but delicious. It’s perfect for breakfast or dessert!
4. Steel Cut Oats with Fruit and Nuts:steel cut oats are a great source of dietary fiber and manganese, which are important for maintaining healthy bones. Add some nuts or fruit for added nutrients and flavor.
5. Healthy Breakfast Burrito Bowl: This hearty bowl features quinoa, black beans, avocado, eggs and salsa wrapped in a tortilla shell for a nutritious morning meal.
5 easy morning habits to get started
If you want to improve your overall health, start your day with some of these 5 easy morning habits.
1. Get up and move: Even if you’re a light sleeper, getting up and moving around will help energize you for the day. Try taking a brisk walk or working out for 30 minutes before breakfast.
The key is to start your day by being active, since this will help burn calories and keep your metabolism going all morning long.
2. Eat breakfast: A lot of people think that they don’t have time for breakfast, but eating breakfast is one of the best ways to start your day off right. It gives you energy throughout the morning and helps to regulate your blood sugar levels.
Some good options for breakfast include oatmeal, eggs benedict, pancakes, fruit salad, and yogurt.
3. Drink plenty of water: Water is essential for staying hydrated throughout the day, which can help reduce inflammation and promote better digestion. If you’re having trouble sticking to a daily water intake quota, try drinking ice cold water instead of warm—the colder temperature will shock your system and encourage you to drink more water!
4. Avoid caffeine: Caffeine can dehydrate you and increase anxiety levels in the morning. If caffeine is unavoidable (like on weekends), make sure to limit yourself to moderate amounts because over-consumption can disrupt your sleep cycle at night as well.
The best time of day to exercise for optimal health
There is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to the best time of day to exercise for optimal health, as different people have different preferences and needs. However, some studies have suggested that exercising in the morning is both more beneficial and easier on the body than at other times of day.
One study, published in “The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research,” found that morning exercisers had lower levels of cortisol, the hormone which is responsible for stress response and inflammation, than afternoon exercisers. Levels of cortisol are also higher in people who are obese or have obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
Another study published in “Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise” found that morning exercisers had lower levels of body fat and greater amounts of lean muscle tissue than evening exercisers. This suggests that even modest morning exercise can help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
7 essential oils for healthy living
There are many benefits to incorporating essential oils into your morning routine, whether you’re looking to improve your overall health or just maintain it. Here are seven essential oils that can be beneficial for a healthy lifestyle:
1. lavender oil: This soothing oil is known for its relaxing effects, and is especially good for relieving anxiety and stress.
2. Roman chamomile oil: This oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help relieve pain and inflammation throughout the body.
3. yarrow oil: This essential oil has antibacterial properties, which can help protect against infections both in the body and on the skin.
4. basil oil: This herb’s natural antiseptic qualities make it great for treating acne and other skin conditions, as well as helping to keep the gut healthy overall.
5. grapefruit seed extract: Aside from being high in antioxidants, this extract helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level by regulating insulin levels.
6. bergamot oil: This refreshing citrus oil is excellent for promoting circulation and aiding in digestion.
7. lemon balm oil: Known for its anti-depressant and anxiolytic effects, lemon balm is a great addition to any morning routine if you’re struggling with negative thoughts or anxiety disorders.
5 foods that can boost your mood and energize you for the day
1. Breakfast: Start your day with a nutritious breakfast that will keep you energized all morning. A simple omelet or pancake can do the trick.
2. Smoothie: A smoothie is a great way to get your fruits and vegetables while also getting some healthy protein and carbs. Try adding protein powder, flaxseed, or chia seeds for added benefits.
3. Beans: Beans are a great way to boost your energy and mood all day long. They’re high in fiber and contain plenty of different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Try Black Bean Brownies or Veggie Quinoa Burrito Bowls for a delicious and nutritious meal.
4. Fruit: Load up on fruit during the morning for an easy and nutritious start to the day. Options include smoothies, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, or even just a piece of fruit as a snack.
5. Water: Hydration is key when it comes to staying energized all day long! Drink plenty of water throughout the morning so you don’t feel sluggish or tired later on in the day